Bluebird Grain Farms
A third-party certification identifying products free of chemical pesticides & fertilizers, hormones and preventative antibiotics.
Salmon Safe Certified
Third-party certification indicates farms with agricultural practices that protect water quality, salmon habitat, and native biodiversity.
- 19611 State Route 20
- Winthrop, WA 98862
Bluebird Grain Farms is your source for the finest 100% certified organic ancient grains, fresh-milled flour, and whole-grain handcrafted blends. Our goal is to cultivate and mill the most irresistible, nutrient-rich grains we can while leaving this land healthier for the next generation. Our products are sown, harvested, and sun-cured with care and milled to order on our farm in the Methow Valley in northern Washington.
By keeping our fields nutritionally balanced and teeming with beneficial microbes, we reap highly nutritious grains. That means feeding, resting, and otherwise caring for each and every inch of earth naturally, without compromise. Our grains are grown in rich soils sweetened with additional organic amendments right here in the northwestern United States. We use cover crops to build organic matter and protect our soil from erosion. Our tillage and planting are timed for optimum seed germination and natural weed control. And after harvest, we incorporate our grain-straw back into the soil that it came from.
- Nuts | Grains | Beans
Open to the Public
Hours of Operation
- Monday - Friday: 9 am - 4 pm
- Closed weekends and holidays.
Consumer Sales Methods
- CSA/Farm Share
- Online Orders
- Phone Orders
- Accepts Credit Cards
- Accepts Personal Checks
- Neighborhood Drop Points
- On Farm Pick-up
- Ship to Consumer
- Classes & Tours
- Currently Accepting Signups: Yes
- Type/Contents: Grains, Add-ons
- Seasons: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
- Box Size(s)/Frequency: 4 or 6 monthly deliveries
- Cost: Differs depending on which box is selected
- CSA Website: https://bluebirdgrainfarms.com/product-category/community-supported-agriculture-csa-program/
- Other Specifics: Enjoy the finest organic whole grains, freshly milled flours, and dry product blends at savings when you join our Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) program. We offer four different box sizes: Simple Share, Family Share, Bakers Share, and Run of the Mill Share, giving you 10 -15% off of each Bluebird product! Select if you would like a 4 or 6 month, monthly delivery. CSA’s go out on the 15th of each month. At the beginning of the month, you will receive an email form from our CSA coordinator requesting what items you would like in your next shipment. Shipping is already built into the cost of the CSA. If you live in our local/regional area and would like to pick up your CSA box- give us a call and we will pro-rate your CSA, less shipping expenses. Monthly deliveries may be postponed or shipped as a gift.
- Cities: Winthrop
- Zip Codes: 98862
Bluebird Grain Farms LLC. sells select Bluebird Grain Farm products through two channels: Direct Wholesale and Distribution Wholesale. Your business size and structure will determine what channel of sales you qualify for. To make wholesale purchases online, please apply for an account. If you are approved for terms you may order directly through our online store via your wholesale account. Distribution Wholesale accounts are intended for food distributors and food processors only. A minimum order of 2000 lbs. or 150 cases is required. Distribution orders are shipped on a pallet via freight.
- Food Hub or Distributor
- Distributor or Food Hub Delivery
- Ship to Business
- Pick Up
- Cities: Winthrop
- Zip Codes: 98862
We work with these distributors/food hubs:
- Merlino Foods
- Provvista Specialty Foods
Food Hub/Farmer Co-op
- Farmstand Local Foods
Carries Liability Insurance
Food Safety Practices & Licences
- WSDA Food Processor License
- Food safety plan